VEGETABLE GROWING FOR BEGINNERS 1.0
This Six Module Home Study Course will teach the gardening beginner all that he or she needs to successfully grow their own vegetables.
DETAILS OF THE COURSE
The Course is split into 6 modules:
Module 1 – Introduction
- The benefits of growing our own vegetables
- How to effectively use the space that we already have to grow vegetables
- The top 10 vegetables to grow in terms of time needed and space required
- Constructing a raised bed
- An alternative type of bed – an introduction to the no-dig bed
- All about taste…
- What we need to fill our beds with
Module 2 – Soil And Testing
- An explanation of soil PH and how it affects us
- Trace elements
- How to test for PH
- NPK – what they are and why they are important
- Different types of manure
- Green manure
- Different types of compost
- How to make your own compost
Module 3 – Seeds
- Introduction To Seeds – What They Are and Types
- Sowing Methods
- Planting In-situ
- Elements and sourcing
- How this comes together and affects what we grow
- The 3 Easiest Vegetables To Grow
- Plants vs Seeds
Module 4 – Seasonality
- Vegetables are grown, not flown
- A Month by Month guide on what to grow
- Why seasonaility and varieties matter
- Why choosing the right varieties you can extend seasons
- Why home grown is about taste
Module 5 – Growing In Pots
- Types of pots
- Pros And Cons of diverse growing systems
- Types of composts
- Container size and cropping
- Protecting Crops
- Cloches/common problems
- How to deal with pests
Module 6 – Long term Planting
- Vertical planting
- Edible flowers
- Perennial vegetables
- Soft fruit
- The easy way to preserve your crop
HOW THE COURSE WILL BE DELIVERED
Learn How To Garden has its own dedicated website where all our courses will be hosted. Each course has its own designated ‘space’ and access for members is via a simple username and password that is emailed to you on the day the course commences. (You can tick a box on the log on screen and the system will remember you for 2 weeks – so you don’t have to remember passwords all the time!)
Each module is delivered at weekly intervals. Each lesson within each module has its own dedicated lesson page where you can watch the video tutorial for that topic, download the checklist (where applicable) and ask questions if you’re not sure about anything.
There are between 5 and 6 hours of video within the main course (but see the Bonus list below for additional videos.)
SO HOW MUCH DOES THE COURSE COST?
The current registration price for Version 1.0 of the course is £85. Over time we anticipate adding more material to make the course even more valuable. As we do that, the price will increase to reflect the added value.
As well as the course you get an important bonus:
BONUS 1 – A YEAR OF THE LEARN HOW TO GARDEN NEWSLETTER ARCHIVE (Value £30)
Every month we produce a subscribers only newsletter video – and one of the most common emails we get from new subscribers is how can people get access to previous newsletter videos. Up until now the answer has been that you can’t.
As well as the nearly 6 hours of video in the course itself you’ll also have access to 12 of the monthly newsletter videos that we’ve made in the members area.
BONUS 2 – UNLIMITED ACCESS TO COURSE (Value £50)
A lot of courses are ‘once and done’ You take the Course and that’s it – two weeks later if you forget what you learned then there’s nothing but your memories to cross reference!
With this course that’s not the case – if you want to review/refresh constituent parts of the course you can simply log in to the members area and find the section you want to review, hit play and you’re away.
The ability to do this is also a big factor in learning and applying the material. You can watch and rewatch a section that you’re not sure about. And if you’re STILL not sure about it, then leave a question on the page and Mark will give you an answer (usually within 24 hours!)
WHAT IF I’M NOT SURE IF THE COURSE IS RIGHT FOR ME?
If you’re interested but not 100% sure there are two things you can do:
1. You can use the contact form and ask me the questions you need answering before you can make a decision.
2. You can enroll on the course anyway and if within the first 30 days you decide the course is not for you for any reason then simply drop us an email and we will refund the Course fee.
So it really should be a no-brainer – all the risk is on me.
To enroll, please click on the Paypal button below and pay securely using your Paypal account or using a credit card:
(Please note that it can take up to 24 hours to process your payment and add you to the Course. We’re working on making that turnaround quicker!)
“I have known Mark for several years and have grown my flowers in a field adjacent to his. Mark has a thorough understanding of the art and craft of veg growing, and the practical know-how to manage and maintain a productive garden of any size. Mark’s working practices are concise and efficient – modest amounts of labour yield excellent crops. What’s more important than all this though is his passion to pass on this information to others.“
Ben Ranyard, www.higgledygarden.com
“I got to know Mark really well on a Plant Finding Trip to Ecuador sponsored by the Royal Horticultural Society. There are a few so-called “experts” out there who have a similar depth and breadth of knowledge on plants and how to grow them as Mark – there are very few who combine that knowledge with a passion for teaching it.”
Jonathan Jones, Gardening Director, Tregothnan Estate and Botanic Garden
To enroll, simply click on the Paypal Buy Button below:
If you have any questions, use the contact form and let me know. Or reply to one of my emails.
Mark Abbot Compton/learn-how-to-garden.com