Cool Autumn days lend themselves to this wonderful fresh salsa with the ngredients picked straight from the cool greenhouse
This salsa verde is all about the tanginess of the tomatillos, and the flavours of the chilli and we’re making the roasted version here, which makes the flavors richer and deeper but you can make it without cooking
- 12 average sized tomatillos –
- 2hot or 4 medium chilli jalapeno or cherry bomb
- 2 large garlic cloves
- Juice from 2 small limes
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Directions
- Heat oven to hot
- put some oil into palms and coat tomatillos peppers and garlic
- Slice tomatillos across and peppers in half lengthwise and place onto a lightly oiled baking sheet. Add garlic cloves.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until the tomatillo and pepper skins char nicely. Remove from oven
- Allow to cool and remove seeds from chillis then add to food proce
- Squeeze garlic from their skins and add to food processor.
- Add lime juice,coriander and salt. Pulse until fairly smooth.
- Taste, adjust for salt
- Cover and store a few hours for the flavors to develop, but you can serve it right away.